Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Wise SB

  1. #21
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise SB

    I can't believe that some people still want to attend these shitty excuses for high schools that we currently have. And the fact that their up there fighting for them just plain blows my [censored]' mind.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    Guess they'll end up building everybody one.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member amysuedean's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    [I can't believe that some people still want to attend these shitty excuses for high schools that we currently have. And the fact that their up there fighting for them just plain blows my [censored]' mind.]

    HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Can I hear an amen to that!?

  4. #24
    Inactive Member cuuvapitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2008
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    Well if saving between $2.5 to 3 million per year and having better schools not only in the new structures of three buildings but course offering to better prepare our high school students (which the Wise County students going into the college ranks are FAR FAR behind their counterparts going to UVa-Wise -- the ONLY college in Wise County)...then consolidation is and always has been the only educated decision there is to be made.

    This school board I had high hopes for to truly do the right thing and set the consolidation wheels in motion especially with getting members such as power monger Kyle Fletcher off the board but it has been all the same wishy washy group with just a few different members!!!!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    How right you are cuuvapitt! What has happened is the current school board members have become just like their predecessors. No backbone at all. Basham made the right decision, just at the wrong time. I have spoken to some of the old board members and they all said that his was the right decision, but the timing and manner he made the announcement were all wrong. It "blindsided" them and they didn't like that fact.

    I say,"Move our children into the 21st century and give them the education they deserve! Forget about what it will do to the sports for the towns that will be losing a school and concentrate on our kids' education. I mean, afterall, THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE ELECTED FOR!"

  6. #26
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    So, what's the similarity complex?

  7. #27
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    The comments in Tuesday's Coalfield are telling. Is it surprising that those who ran on a pro-consolidation platform showed up at Monday's meeting ready to discuss, yet those who continue to keep their head buried in the sand wanted to have yet another meeting in order to have more discussion?

    The writing is on the wall, yet a certain few continue to drag their feet.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    I think Counts is right
    Its time for another study!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #29
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Wise SB

    HELLS BELLS,,,study,study,study,, everything that has been spent could have had 'footers' poured for at least one new school.."Times are a'changing",, and we are getting farther and farther behind.... with the one big word that I think is most important...E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N !!!!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise SB

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Sage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with the one big word that I think is most important...E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N !!!! </div></div>

    Nope, you're wrong. It's <span style='font-size: 20pt'>S-P-O-R-T-S</span>
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •